Friday, April 27, 2012

The Gurgle Pot

So, this week has been a little ho-hum......
until Thursday afternoon.
 I get home from work to discover a package on my front steps. I quickly start searching my brain...did I order something from E-Bay and forget I ordered it? Etsy maybe??
(I have been out of sorts lately and a little more "scattered" than usual, so it would not surprise myself if I did something and then completely forgot)

So I take the package inside...
(the mere fact that I was so intrigued and documented this through pictures tells you exactly HOW hum-drum this week has been :-)


So I take out all of the packing peanuts to find a GURGLE POT!!!!!
I love these things! Clell and I got everyone Gurgle Pots for Christmas, but have been putting off buying one for ourselves. And it is in blue, which is our color theme throughout the house.

Inside I find a tiny little note with the purchasers name: Jane Bye.

Let me tell you about Jane:


She was one of my college social work professors.
 She took our class to "Peace Camp." She loves Bruce Springsteen.
She is uber-liberal. 
She taught us social welfare policy and research and actually made it FUN.
She is a kind, gentle spirit.
She is one-of-a kind.
She now lives in Alaska.
I am so proud to call her my mentor and friend.

Thank you so much Jane, for brightening my week.


XOXO

(this is the first week I haven't cried every single day, so that's progress...:-)


And for those of you who don't know the story of the Gurgle Pots, here it is:

(for those of you who live in Abilene, you can purchase these at "It's About Time")





http://www.gurglepot.com/Assets/gurgle.wav

TGIF

2 comments:

  1. NEVER heard of these! I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for one. Intrigued. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela. This is so sweet of you! Just wanted you to know that you were in my thoughts and I'm glad you liked the little gift. :)

    ReplyDelete