Monday, April 23, 2012

Cowboys, Cuisine & Cabernet

This weekend, Clell and I attended the Buffalo Gap Wine & Food Summit at Perini Ranch. 
This was our second year to attend.
We arrived a little early.. it's fun to nose around before it gets super crowded....


This event is a Foodie and Wine Lover's HEAVEN.
There were wine makers and chefs from across the country.. how AWESOME is it that they are interested in coming to this event in our little neck of the woods?


Specialty items included Citrus-Crab Lollipops, Banana Leaf Tamale Veracruzana, and Peruvian Chocolate Mousse, Foie Gras Caramel, Pistachios and Kumquat Jam.....and that's just getting started...! I'm not even sure that I made it to every booth..

There were some specialty cheeses and I tried a Cheese Ball  rolled in freshly ground black pepper...I think that I am going to try this next Christmas rather than rolling the cheese in traditional pecans..

Our favorite wine of the evening was a Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 from "Ladera" in Napa Valley..


We were super delighted when  Roy Helen Ackers (A.K.A. Miss Cheevus), decided to join our table.

She was a hoot and as sweet as she could be.
We had fun listening and dancing to Free Ride later that evening.

Can't wait to do it again next year!

Also worthy of mentioning is my parents trip to Forth Worth to witness my Dad's long time friend, Keith Chapman, being inducted into the Texas Rodeo Cowboy Hall of Fame:



Until next time......



No comments:

Post a Comment